Copywrongs in the Office
Employees: Register through MyWorkshops
Title: Copywrongs in the Office
Presenter: Elaine Patton, Digital Resource Specialist
MyWorkshops Description: You’ve probably used images, articles, or other content for presentations and handouts, but doing it in a way that follows copyright law can be tricky. Learn what common mistakes people make in that lead to copyright violations and what guidelines to consider to successfully navigate Fair Use in the future.
Session Objectives: By the end of the session, you will be able to:
1. Understand the basics of copyright law and its exceptions, including fair use.
2. Evaluate a copyright usage scenario to determine the best correct of action.
3. Learn about resources for “safe” materials.
Time: 3pm – 4pm
- Tuesday, October 24, 2017
- 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Employee Professional Development